AUTOMOBILE & MOTORCYCLE SHIPPING SERVICE
Variation Wheels combines the expert care and handling of ground vehicle shipping services with the speed and reliability of air cargo.
Ideal for show, prototype, new, used and race vehicles, our automobile shipments have been designed with input from major automobile manufacturers
and transport companies to ensure that vehicles shipped with Variation Wheels are delivered in the same condition as they were tendered.
From racecars to luxury cars to motorcycles, Variation Wheels gets your precious cargo back on the ground through:
- Extensive international network and numerous nonstop flights. We get your vehicle to its destination in a fraction of the time
it takes ocean or ground carriers.
- Professional agents specifically trained to handle vehicles for transport. We take pride in protecting your vehicle
throughout the entire shipment life cycle.
- Built-in flexibility to accommodate all makes and models.
- Increased visibility from booking to delivery. Every station in the routing is prepared in advance of a vehicle's arrival,
and close coordination is maintained to ensure smooth transport.
- High boarding priority to ensure your vehicle arrives on time.
View our rates.
To book your Variation Wheels shipment, please contact your local Sales representative or the Delta Cargo Customer Service Center at 1-800-DL-CARGO
What you need to know
- Variation Wheels shipments must be taken to your local certified cargo facility for shipping; see above for a list of stations
participating in the Variation Wheels program. Pickup must occur at the destination cargo facility as noted on the air waybill.
- Shipments must be accepted and processed at the local cargo facility by the cutoff time of 120 minutes prior to scheduled flight departure.
We recommend arriving at least 60 minutes before this cutoff time to ensure all inspections and acceptance procedures are completed.
- Shipments must be accepted and processed at the local cargo facility by the cutoff time of 360 minutes prior to scheduled flight departure.
We recommend arriving at least 120 minutes before this cutoff time to ensure all inspections and acceptance procedures are completed.
- Acceptance starts after the air waybill and all Delta and government mandated inspections have been completed.
- Delta Cargo monitors each shipment with surveillance cameras in the warehouse.
- Shipments are kept in a secure storage area within the cargo facility.
- Vehicles shipped are considered dangerous goods and are subject to all related inspections, fees, and lATA regulations.
- All vehicles are wrapped in order to protect them from various elements. Customers may tender shipments with their own car cover or wrap.
- Cargo straps will be used to secure all wheels of the shipment.
- All vehicles must contain fuel less than the specified amounts noted below.
- Each shipment will have a Vehicle Inspection Sheet to accompany the vehicle to its final destination.
- Dangerous goods documentation must be filled out with each shipment.
- Shipments must be clearly labeled.
- All international shipments will follow IATA Rules for shipping. All dangerous goods shipments will follow IATA Dangerous Goods
regulations including shipments containing gasoline and diesel. The shipper is responsible for compliance with these regulations.
- Vehicle fuel tanks must be less than one-quarter (1/4) full of gasoline, or three-quarters (3/4) full of diesel. Dimension limits are
||Must fit within footprint of PMC (96") pallet
- Shipments must be less than the following dimensions:
||460 cm (181 inches)
||223 (88 inches)
||160 cm (63 inches)
||280 (110 inches)
Dangerous goods shipments are only accepted at certain cargo
facilities, which include all facilities below.
The following cities are in Delta's Variation Wheels network:
Motor vehicles may only TRANSIT or TERMINATE at these stations