DASH® Critical & Medical
When every minute counts, choose DASH Critical & Medical – the first fully GPS-enabled, same-day product offered by a U.S. freight
provider. This service for critical shipments gives you the same lightning-fast domestic delivery for small packages as DASH, as well as
added visibility and expedited ground handling. Plus, all DASH Critical & Medical cargo has clearly visible pink packaging, helping to
ensure your shipment is in the right place at the right time with no mix-ups. In critical situations, we know there’s no room for error –
or wasted time. And because DASH Critical & Medical has the highest boarding priority and fastest transit times of any Delta Cargo
product, you won’t have to count down the minutes until your critical shipment arrives.
Time Is On Your Side
DASH Critical & Medical is ideal for time-sensitive shipments such as passports, essential machinery parts and aircraft on the ground
(AOG) components. All FAA Lifeguard-designated shipments must ride as DASH Critical & Medical.
Dangerous goods and other special commodities, including live animals, may be accepted as DASH Critical & Medical but require a
longer processing time. Please see Time Requirements below.
DASH Critical & Medical includes GPS service, offering real-time tracking and monitoring for your critical shipments. GPS provides
an extra layer of reliability throughout the shipment process with monitoring tools available on deltacargo.com.
DASH Critical & Medical shipments that are pre-booked electronically are backed by a 100% service-level guarantee of freight
charges per shipment receipt (air waybill), with no cap, if the shipment arrives over 45 minutes after the originally scheduled flight
arrival time.* If delivery is impacted by irregular operations, such as limited flying due to bad weather, the monitoring team will
proactively contact local airports to help coordinate the export, transfer and import of all DASH Critical & Medical shipments.
DASH Critical & Medical shipments can be tendered at the following locations**:
Atlanta (ATL): DASH office***
Chicago (ORD): Delta Cargo facility
Cincinnati (CVG): Delta Cargo facility
Detroit (DTW): DASH office
Los Angeles (LAX): Delta Cargo facility
Memphis (MEM): Delta Cargo facility
Minneapolis (MSP): DASH office
New York (LGA): Delta Cargo facility
Orlando (MCO): Delta Cargo facility
Rochester (ROC): Delta Cargo facility
San Francisco (SFO): Delta Cargo facility
Savannah (SAV): Delta Cargo facility
Seattle (SEA): Delta Cargo facility
Shipments can be sent on Delta mainline and Delta Connection® flights to any of the following 89 Delta Cargo domestic
What you need to know
Terms, Conditions and Restrictions
- Dimensions must not exceed 90 linear inches (length + width + height) and weight may not exceed 100 lbs per piece and/or 1000
lbs per shipment receipt (air waybill). Exception: Live animal containers must not exceed 120 linear inches.
- Shipments containing dangerous goods shall not be tendered for interline transport.
- DASH Critical & Medical shipments require pre-payment at origin station.
Time Requirements: Booking, Drop-off and Pick-up
- DASH Critical & Medical shipments do not have to be pre-booked (except for live animals - see Live Animal section below) and can be tendered any time up to acceptance cutoff time.
Specialized shipments – including dangerous goods – do not require an advance booking; however, they do require advance fax notification
to our Operations Control Center to ensure all applicable operational areas are notified as part of the Lifeguard process.
- DASH Critical & Medical: Must be accepted and processed at least 45 minutes prior to scheduled flight departure
- Live Animals: Must be pre-booked prior to tender and must be tendered at least 60 minutes prior to scheduled flight's departure time
- Dangerous Goods: Must be tendered at least 90 minutes prior to scheduled flightt's departure time
- Human Organ for Transplant (HOT): N/A
- We recommend arriving at least 60 minutes before the cutoff time to ensure all inspections and acceptance procedures are completed.
- DASH Critical & Medical shipments are available for pickup within 45 minutes of actual flight arrival.
- Shipments must be clearly labeled with the name and address of the shipper and consignee. Old labels and markings must be
Delta will refund
100% of the freight charges if the DASH Critical & Medical shipment arrives for recovery more than 45 minutes after the actual flight
arrival time. Service level guarantee does not include fees and surcharges, and does not apply to delays/cancellations due to weather,
mechanical, or situations beyond the control of Delta Air Lines or Delta Connection operators. Certain additional restrictions may
deltacargo.com for the latest locations as this product expands throughout our domestic network.
animals, which should be tendered at the Delta Cargo facility.
traveling on Delta Connection flights are subject to carrier, door, and weight limitations.