SHIPPING AND COLD STORAGE FACILITIES
For inbound and outbound perishable cargo, we offer cold storage facilities and cooler services in select locations. With specialized coolers ranging from 33°F to 59°F (1°C to 15°C), our facilities can accommodate shipments with a variety of temperature requirements.
To view the specific coolers your perishable shipments will have access to, visit our station information page.
To book a specific commodity in our cold storage facilities, please see our Variation Fresh and Variation Pharma services.
- Currently, Delta Cargo is unable to accommodate storage of frozen items, any products requiring quick-chill treatment, or fumigation.
- Shipments should not be kept in the coolers for more than 24 hours unless for extensive customs hold or extenuating circumstances.
- Wet ice is prohibited.
- Dry ice transforms into CO2 and can displace oxygen in enclosed places. It is classified as "dangerous goods" for air transport and is subject to separate government regulations. You are responsible for compliance with those regulations.
- All international shipments must follow IATA rules for shipping.
- A typed international air waybill must accompany each shipment.
- Shipments must be clearly labeled as perishable. Each piece of the shipment must be legibly and durably marked with the name and address of the shipper and consignee.
- Please ensure all shipments comply with local government regulations, including any other necessary documentation that may be required, based on the commodity being shipped.
- Shipper is responsible for packing to withstand a total transit time of at least 72 hours internationally out of refrigeration. Transit time begins at normal tender time at the originating city and ends at the time of consignee notification of the shipment’s arrival.
- Use the right amount of coolant for the transit time. Place coolants on the bottom and top.
- Resistance to external puncture is critical.
- Bands must not cut containers.
- Minimize the time between packing and shipping.
- Use all appropriate labels.