SHIPPING PERISHABLE, TIME-SENSITIVE PRODUCTS
Variation Fresh is committed to delivering your perishable items on time and with the specialized care only Delta Cargo can offer. Our reliable, temperature-controlled service is ideal for shipping perishable commodities with a short life span or products that rapidly deteriorate when exposed to extreme temperatures or adverse conditions.
Whether you're shipping flowers, fish and seafood, fruits and vegetables or foodstuff, you'll have access to a variety of shipping options that are uniquely tailored to your needs. Enjoy:
- An unrivaled network of high-quality cooler systems
- Acceptance of specialized containers
- High boarding priority and quick connection times
Variation Fresh is available on all Delta mainline flights, which service more than 270 destinations on more than 2,000 daily flights. To book your Variation Fresh shipment, contact your local Delta Cargo sales office for more information, or call 1-800-DL-CARGO. You may also book some Variation Fresh shipments online.
Check out our rates.
Specialty Perishable Shipments
Choose from three specialized shipping options designed to ensure your goods are properly cared for throughout the entire journey.
Variation Fresh 1 (TEM)
Delta Cargo's solution for shipping perishables that require a strict, temperature-controlled environment utilizing an active container. This solution is ideal for chocolates, certain types of fruits, or any other product requiring a temperature-controlled environment. These shipments are transported in active cooling containers such as the Envirotainer®, RAP t2, RKN t2 and RKN e1 or CSafe AcuTemp RKN. TEM shipments may only be booked through the Delta Cargo Customer Service Center at 1-800-DL-CARGO (1-800-352-2746).
Variation Fresh 2 (COL)
Delta Cargo's solution for shipping temperature-sensitive perishables that require a strictly regulated environment between +2°C and +8°C (+35°F to 46°F). This solution is ideal for perishables such as flowers, fresh fish, fruits and vegetables. COL shipments may only be booked through the Delta Cargo Customer Service Center at 1-800-DL-CARGO (1-800-352-2746).
Variation Fresh 3 (FRE)
Delta Cargo's solution for shipping perishables requiring protection from extreme temperatures. When not in flight, Variation Fresh 3 products are stored at temperatures ranging from +2°C and +25°C (+35°F to +77°F). This solution is ideal for less sensitive perishables, like fruits and vegetables requiring general temperature protection. Book your shipment online.
- Wet ice is prohibited
- Hunting Trophy Ban - Effective August 3rd, 2015, Delta will officially ban shipment of all lion, leopard, elephant, rhino and buffalo trophies worldwide as freight. Prior to this ban, Delta's strict acceptance policy called for absolute compliance with all government regulations regarding protected species. Delta will also review acceptance policies of other hunting trophies with appropriate government agencies and other organizations supporting legal shipments.
- All international shipments will follow IATA rules for shipping. All dangerous goods shipments will follow IATA Dangerous Goods regulations. The shipper is responsible for compliance of these rules. Dry ice is classified as a dangerous good and can displace oxygen in enclosed places; it is subject to separate government regulations. Please allow extra time when checking in if your shipment contains hazardous material. For more information, please contact your local Delta Cargo Sales representative.
- Additional government regulations may apply, and can vary based on location. Please ensure shipments and documents comply with all local regulations.
- Each piece of the shipment must be legibly and durably marked with the name and address of the shipper and consignee. The shipper's 24-hour phone number is required on the air waybill. Shipments must be clearly labeled as perishable. Please remove all old labels and markings.
- Shipments must be pre-booked.
- Shipping rates will vary based on origin, destination and weight of shipment.
- Shipments must be accepted and processed at the local cargo facility by the cutoff time of 120 minutes prior to scheduled flight departure. We recommend arriving at least 60 minutes before this cutoff time to ensure all inspections and acceptance procedures are completed.
- Shipments must be accepted and processed at the local cargo facility by the cutoff time of 240 minutes prior to scheduled flight departure. We recommend arriving at least 120 minutes before this cutoff time to ensure all inspections and acceptance procedures are completed.
- Shipments will be available for pickup 120 minutes after the arrival of a domestic flight and 240 minutes after the arrival of an international flight.
- Shipper is responsible for packing to withstand a total transit time of at least 72 hours internationally (48 hours domestically), out of refrigeration.
- Transit time begins at normal acceptance time at the originating city and ends at the time of consignee notification of the shipment's arrival.
- Shipper is responsible for packing and oxygenating shipments of live tropical fish for at least 48 hours in transit.
- Shipments should be clearly labeled as perishable.
- Shipments must be packed so as to ensure safe carriage with ordinary care in handling and to not injure or damage any persons or property.
- Variation Fresh shipments should not be kept in the coolers more than 24 hours unless subject to an extensive customs hold or extenuating circumstances.
- Please allow extra time when checking in if your shipment contains hazardous material.