DOMESTIC GENERAL FREIGHT SERVICE
Getting your shipment from point A to point B is our business – getting it there within your budget is our pleasure. With Delta Cargo, you'll enjoy a fast and reliable general freight service to our vast network of destinations within the United States, Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands. And our affordable rates ensure you get the most value for your dollar.
View our rates.
All our Standard shipping services come with the following benefits:
Reliable and Economical
Our domestic Standard service is both cost effective and high quality, so you can rest easy knowing your shipments will receive expert care at an economical price.
Extensive Domestic Network
Our Standard service is available on any Delta mainline flight in our domestic network, with widebody service also available in key markets. You can choose from more than a hundred destinations and a convenient flight schedule that fits your needs.
Special, Personalized Handling
Our strategically located hubs and gateways offer airport-to-airport service and dedicated handling. Plus, for your convenience, we accept all commodities approved by IATA for transport on passenger aircraft, and we have certified dangerous goods agents available in most stations to streamline and handle all hazardous shipping materials.*
Delta Cargo now offers GPS On-Demand service, providing real-time tracking and monitoring for your critical shipments. GPS tracking provides an extra layer of reliability throughout the shipment lifecycle with monitoring available on deltacargo.com. This is available on-demand at a cost of $25 per device (one-way lease) for shipments that originate in ATL, CVG, DTW, LAX, LGA, MCI, MEM, MSP, SEA, SFO, SLC, STL and TPA.
- Dimensions (length x width x height) and piece weight must not exceed aircraft limitations.
- The maximum weight on narrow-body aircraft is 300 lbs per piece.
- The maximum liability is $50,000 USD per piece or the value declared, whichever is less.
- Items not accepted as Standard include Live Animals, Human Remains and some perishables.
- Standard is not accepted on Delta Connection carriers.
Acceptance, Drop-Off and Recovery Times
- Shipments must be accepted and processed at the local cargo facility by the cutoff time of 120 minutes (screened) or 240 minutes (unscreened) prior to scheduled flight departure. We recommend arriving at least 60 minutes before this cutoff time to ensure all inspections and acceptance procedures are completed.
- Dangerous goods may be accepted as Standard. To allow time for safety and paperwork verification, please allow extra time when checking in if your shipments contain hazardous material. For more information, please contact your local Delta Cargo Sales representative.
- Shipments must be clearly labeled with the name and address of the shipper and consignee. Old labels and markings must be completely removed. All Standard shipments destined for San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU) must be accompanied by a copy of the Commercial invoice that states the value of the shipment.
* Please refer to IATA DGR 2015 for a list of UN numbers accepted on passenger aircraft.
Visit deltacargo.com for more information.