DOMESTIC LARGE PACKAGE EXPRESS SERVICE
DASH Heavy is our premium express service for shipping packages that do not fit the size requirements of DASH. Offered on our entire fleet of domestic flights throughout the U.S., Puerto Rico and the U.S. Virgin Islands, DASH Heavy provides the same benefits of our unparalleled service – on a bigger scale.
Check out our rates.
With DASH Heavy, we'll help get your shipment to its destination as quickly as possible. Additionally, you'll receive:
Better Service, More Convenience
Take advantage of personalized, airport-to-airport service, same-day delivery (if available) and a high boarding priority. Plus, for your convenience, DASH Heavy shipments may be tendered as shipper-built palletized or unitized conveyances. Simply bring your pallet or container to your local Delta Cargo facility, and we'll take care of the rest.
A Broad Domestic Network
Our DASH Heavy service is available on any Delta flight in our domestic network, including Delta Connection® flights – meaning you have access to more than 240 destinations and thousands of departures throughout the day. Size limitations may apply on smaller aircraft.
DASH Heavy is backed by a 20% service-level guarantee on freight charges, up to $50,000 per air waybill or the actual value declared (whichever is less) if the shipment does not move on its booked flight(s).**
Delta Cargo now offers GPS On-Demand service, providing real-time tracking and monitoring for your critical shipments. GPS tracking provides an extra layer of reliability throughout the shipment lifecycle with monitoring available on deltacargo.com. This is available on-demand at a cost of $25 per device (one-way lease) for shipments that originate in ATL, CVG, DTW, LAX, LGA, MCI, MEM, MSP, SEA, SFO, SLC, STL and TPA.
- Pre-booking is required for all DASH Heavy shipments.
- The minimum air waybill weight is 100 lbs.
- Dimensions (length x width x height) and piece weight must not exceed aircraft limitations.
- The maximum weight per piece is limited to 300 lbs on mainline narrowbody aircraft and 100 lbs on Delta Connection aircraft.*
- Service Level Guarantee is 20% of freight charges paid when booked electronically (does not include surcharges and fees).
Drop-Off, Acceptance and Recovery Times
- Shipments must be accepted and processed at the local cargo facility by the cutoff time of 120 minutes prior to scheduled flight departure. We recommend arriving at least 60 minutes before this cutoff time to ensure all inspections and acceptance procedures are completed.
- DASH Heavy shipments are available for pickup within 120 minutes of actual flight arrival.
- Dangerous goods may be accepted as DASH Heavy.
- Please allow extra time when checking in if shipments contain hazardous material to allow time for safety and paperwork verification.
- For more information, please contact your local Delta Cargo Sales representative.
- Shipments must be clearly labeled with the name and address of the shipper and consignee. Old labels and markings must be completely removed. All DASH Heavy shipments destined for San Juan, Puerto Rico (SJU) must be accompanied by a copy of the Commercial invoice that states the value of the shipment.
* Shipments traveling on Delta Connection flights are subject to carrier, door, and weight limitations.
** To qualify for the service level guarantee, shipments must be booked electronically (excludes email) prior to acceptance. Service level guarantee does not include fees and surcharges, and does not apply to delays/cancellations due to weather, mechanical, or situations beyond the control of Delta Air Lines. Certain additional restrictions may apply.